Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Daydreaming

….and restless!  This weekend will mark the 3rd straight weekend that I was supposed to be on the river.  The weather has had different plans.  Lots of rain and snowmelt swelling the river into a chocolate milk-brown raging waterway.  We needed the precipitation, for sure, but this has been crippling to my psyche -- and to any person that has to attempt a normal conversation with me right now.  My mind has been firmly stuck in one place.



But even after checking river levels many, many times a day, only to still see them at 2-3 times higher than I would like to fish, I'm holding out hope that the rain in southern Oregon will at least let up for the rest of the week and I will be standing in that beautiful green water waiting for my line to come tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment